image via here
For years Oprah made some questionable fashion choices. Apart from her outrageous hairstyles, there were a lot of outfits that made her look older and bigger than she really was. Because of her low body image and because she didn’t understand her style and what flattered her shape, she wore clothes that were often ill-fitting, big and baggy. She wore this kind of clothing to try and disguise her weight, when in fact, they were making her appear shapeless and larger than she really was which in turn would have made her feel less than confident.
After working with great stylists and learning to understand and accept who she is and how she looks, she has discovered her best style and worked out how to flatter and accentuate her figure and how to hide the areas she likes the least.
On Oprah’s final show she wore a L’Wren Scott (Mick Jagger’s main squeeze) couture dress. L’Wren’s clothes are known for accentuating the figure and being sexy and feminine. Bravo to Oprah for choosing a designer that likes to spectacularly showcase the female form. For more pictures of the dress and to see how it works beautifully to accentuate Oprah’s figure and disguise any areas she might like to hide click here.
Here’s why it works
- The color compliments her skin beautifully
- The length of the dress is perfect for Oprah because it covers her knees and shows off her slender ankles.
- The neckline and the earrings work together. The large sparkling earrings and the open neckline are drawing the eye to her face. By doing so your eyes are diverted away from any areas Oprah may like to be disguising.
- The sleeves are a great length. They cover the tops of her arms, which most of us over forty tend to like to cover, but she is exposing her wrists which are very fine. The skin of her wrists and her large bracelet is making the eye look at that area, rather than the tops of her arms
- The band around her middle is both accentuating her small waist and lifting her bust….or her “girls” as she refers to them.
- The nude shoe is blending in beautifully with her skin to elongate her legs and not take the attention away from her dress.
- I’ve heard Oprah say she’s a huge fan of Spanx, so I am guessing she has some serious smoothing shapewear underneath which is doing a marvellous job of ensuring there are no lumps and bumps given the dress is so figure hugging.